Wednesday, February 20, 2013

View From My Window

Today I watched the sun rise and felt exhileration. How amazing to see the colors in a sunrise palatte!
The pinks, the blues, the purples all merge and emerge in one heck of a display. It made me glad that I had to get up early this morning. Watching the sunrise-or whatever meteorogical event is occurring-is a relatively rare event for me since I retired. When I worked, I wonder, did seeing the sun rise over a line of traffice count as "watching" the sun rise? Don't think so. Oh, well, today I enjoyed it and the hush it seemed to bring to the view from my window.

It didn't last long; sunrisings and sunsets never do, I thought, recalling watching the sun set from a sailboat overlooking the harbor at Tortolla in the Virgin Islands. Over too fast...chased by the day or the night...depending upon the situation.

A busy day ahead. Must remember to bring my sunglasses! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment